Getting Legal Advice in South Carolina: How to Contact a Lawyer

If you have legal questions or need assistance with a case in York County, South Carolina, the best way to get help is to contact the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS). This public service of the South Carolina Bar Association provides referrals to people who need qualified, pre-screened lawyers. You can call 1-800-868-2284 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

(in Richland and Lexington counties, call 799-7100). All lawyers enrolled in the service are accredited by the South Carolina Bar Association and they are required to have malpractice insurance. When you contact the LRS, you will be asked to provide a brief explanation of your legal situation and the county in which your case will be presented. If you access the program online, you will select the county and type of law and then write a brief explanation of your legal situation. You will be given the name and number of an attorney to contact who fits your situation.

If the lawyer can't help you, revisit the online referral page or call the Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-868-2284 and explain the situation to the operator, so that he or she can try to help you with another referral. The LRS does not make more than two referrals by phone. Once you receive a referral, you are expected to contact the lawyer by phone to schedule an appointment. The four regional offices of the Child Support Services Division (CSSD) are responsible for the establishment and execution of all paternity and support orders. All Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cases in South Carolina are automatically referred to the CSSD for child support services.

In addition, the CSSD receives requests for child support services from custodial parents who do not receive public assistance. Federal regulations also encourage the CSSD to receive requests from non-custodial parents to establish paternity and to review any existing child support orders to make appropriate modifications. Cases are assigned to one of our four regional offices for all establishment and enforcement activities, depending on where the non-custodial parent lives. If the non-custodial parent lives in another state, the case is assigned to a regional office depending on where the custodial parent lives. This allocation method ensures that jurisdictional issues are met and that enforcement resources comply with state and federal laws. Each regional office has highly trained lawyers and child support specialists who employ a wide range of procedures and resources.

You can contact the branch or unit you need at their address or phone number. You can also send them an email message. If you don't know which regional office is assigned to you, you can contact their Customer Care Center and they will be able to help. Before contacting them, be sure to visit their FAQ page. South Carolina residents often make the mistake of representing themselves in traffic violation cases.

If you don't know an attorney, you can call the South Carolina Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.In some circumstances, South Carolina allows drivers taking a driver's education course to be dismissed from a ticket. South Carolina law also provides opportunities for drivers to enroll in classes or take other steps to reduce the total number of traffic points. Unlike other states, South Carolina does not allow speeding tickets based on photographic evidence.

Carrie Rochester
Carrie Rochester

Total food nerd. General burrito trailblazer. Avid twitter lover. Professional zombie lover. Friendly travel trailblazer. Subtly charming twitter junkie.

Leave Reply

Required fields are marked *